Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Salute to Ray Harryhausen developed with iClone 2.1 Software

I am learning how to create avatars and digital videos using software called iClone 2.1 and have found other history enthusiasts using the software to recreate ancient history and mythology and sharing their efforts on YouTube. User abukhatar has created several videos about ancient legends including the Minotaur and the following video based on the skeleton fight scene from the classic Ray Harryhausen film "Jason and the Argonauts".



"Jason and the Argonauts" is one of my son's favorite films from his childhood as well. Recently, I was teasing him about the ponderous soundtrack and he said "Hey, you don't criticize a classic!!" I'm going to send him a link to this video so he can enjoy it as much as I did.

So far, my efforts have been limited to creating characters with the software. I have created a Roman Legionary wearing lorica segmentata body armor and given him the face of actor Ciaran Hinds who played Julius CAesar in the HBO miniseries "Rome". Caesar, of course, would not have worn infantry armor like this but a commander's cuirass. I'll change the head to Pullo and create commander's attire for Caesar when I get the chance!

No comments: